Penalty Leaves Pearson Fuming as City are held by Forest

Leicester City 2:2 Nottingham Forest

City, with Whitbread in for Keane and Schlupp taking on Konchesky’s left back role, started this East Midlands derby brightly and were ahead by the 6th minute. Dyer motored down the left and fired a shot across goal, which was diverted past Camp by Ward when it looked to be heading wide.
Morgan almost double the lead when he was inches short of getting a touch to Waghorn’s free-kick floated over the Forest defence.
However, City looked a bit slack at the back for a period and were eventually carved up by a Forest passing move that ended with Guedioura’s equaliser flying past Schmeichel.
City regained the lead ten minutes later when an ingenious lob from Knockaert fell for Nugent who produced a sublime touch to lift the ball over Camp.
The second half presented City with several chances to wrap the game up, but none of them were taken. Waghorn, with time and space should not have given Collins a chance to clear off the line; and then his header was saved by Camp at full stretch. Dyer’s firm drive then forced Camp into a another fine save.
Lingard came on for the injured Nugent, for a promising debut, but fortune favoured Forest in the 67th minute.

Whitbread got into a tangle with Sharp on the edge of the area but clearly played the ball away from danger. The referee pointed to the spot for the softest of penalties which Cox converted past Schmeichel amid much City protest.
Having been gifted a point Forest were not going to let go of it and City, with Nugent off and Waghorn still struggling to find his form, did not have enough firepower to trouble them. Knockaert’s depature for Marshall also removed City’s ability to produce something special.
Waghorn got a free header to a Marshall corner, but it was well wide and City had to be content with a point.

Not surprisingly Nigel Pearson was not happy with referee Anthony Taylor.
“You can tell I’m not happy about it and I’ve seen on the TV again and basically it’s a good challenge. He gets the ball, the referee is in a good position, full-stop.”

Leicester: Schmeichel, De Laet, Morgan, Whitbread, Schlupp, Knockaert (Marshall 77), King, Drinkwater, Dyer, Nugent (Lingard 59), Waghorn. Unused Subs: Danns, Logan, James, Moore, Futacs.

Forest: Camp, Moloney, Ward, Collins, Halford, Cohen, Guedioura (Jenas 53), Gillett (Blackstock 87), Reid (Lansbury 79), Cox, Sharp. Unused Subs:  Darlow, McGugan, Coppinger, Tudgay.
Referee: Anthony Taylor (Cheshire). Attendance: 24,793.

…to subscribe to The FOX for the 2012-13 season via Paypal and receive your Summer Special, free set of City postcards, and issue no 181 & 182 by return of post, press this blue button… 

Alternatively you could print off and fill in this form…



1 Comment

Filed under Uncategorized

One response to “Penalty Leaves Pearson Fuming as City are held by Forest

  1. Will Mather

    You let the Reds massively off the hook yesterday and should be kicking yourselves!
    Forest won’t play worse than that and still get a point all season.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s